none
Windows Server 2012 R2 logged in safe mode after installing windows update and restart RRS feed

• Question

• This windows server 2012 r2 is a virtual machine that is on VMware.
    If I reboot the server it restarts normally, but is already the second time after I installed windows updates and restarts, it starts in safe mode.
    Then I have to enter msconfig.exe to disable safe mode, and only then it usually load the operating system.

Follow the logs of the Event Viewer after the restart:

Event 13, Kernel-General - The operating system is shutting down at system time ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎06T12:27:26.694201500Z

Event 12, Kernel-General - The operating system started at system time ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎06T12:27:35.494826600Z.

Event 20, Kernel-Boot - The last shutdown's success status was true. The last boot's success status was true.

Event 27, Kernel-Boot - The boot type was 0x0.

Event 18, Kernel-Boot - There are 0x1 boot options on this system.

Event 32, Kernel-Boot -The bootmgr spent 0 ms waiting for user input.

Event 2, vmci - VMCI: Not supported in Safe Boot Mode.

Event 7000, Service Control Manager - The Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The driver was not loaded because the system is booting into safe mode.

Checking the above events, someone can tell me why this is happening, and what I need to do for this problem to be solved?

Sorry for the English, i'm not have a fluency in this language.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:44 PM

All replies

• VMCI is a VMware specific component.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vmci-sdk/

I suggest you ask in the VMware forums.

Brian Ehlert
    http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:10 PM
  • But the problem is not this especific event. The problem is the windows that was logged in safe boot mode after install updates. If i restart the server without install updates, he boot normally.

But is the second time that i go install updates, and when i go reboot the server, this thing happened.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:59 AM