none
Outlook add-in appointment RRS feed

• Question

• how to fetch invited contact details(phone number)  from outlook appointment with c#?
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:46 AM

Answers

• The Recipients collection of the can be iterated to get each Recipient object. Recipients where Recipient.Type = olTo are required recipients, those that are olCc are optional attendees, olBcc are resources (rooms, etc.).

Each Recipient object exposes an AddressEntry object, in 2007 and 2010 you can use Recipient.AddressEntry.GetContact() to retrieve the contact item associated with the recipient (invitee).

Outlook 2003 doesn't have that method, so you'd need to iterate the contacts lists to find a contact where the name and other properties match. A filter could be used if you only filter on the properties not listed in the VBA Object Browser help for the Rectrict() method of the Items collection. That help topic lists all the properties that cannot be used in a filter.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Reefconsult" <=?utf-8?B?UmVlZmNvbnN1bHQ=?=> wrote in message news:e8d1ce54-2a7d-471a-aa4f-9cc453da038b...

Ok well this can be done for outlook 2007, i don't know if it's easy in outlook 2003.

So you are planing to get details from the addressbook when a person is added in the "invite" addressbar?
    Where would you want to use it?
    I think you want the address information in the body of an appointment?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:32 PM

All replies

• I think you are developing with visual studio, what version are you using?

And would the invited person be someone from the addressbook?
    It would also help to know if you are using exchange or not.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:45 PM
  • I am using vsto 2003 addin... invited person from the addressbook
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Ok well this can be done for outlook 2007, i don't know if it's easy in outlook 2003.

So you are planing to get details from the addressbook when a person is added in the "invite" addressbar?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:56 AM
  • The Recipients collection of the can be iterated to get each Recipient object. Recipients where Recipient.Type = olTo are required recipients, those that are olCc are optional attendees, olBcc are resources (rooms, etc.).

Each Recipient object exposes an AddressEntry object, in 2007 and 2010 you can use Recipient.AddressEntry.GetContact() to retrieve the contact item associated with the recipient (invitee).

Outlook 2003 doesn't have that method, so you'd need to iterate the contacts lists to find a contact where the name and other properties match. A filter could be used if you only filter on the properties not listed in the VBA Object Browser help for the Rectrict() method of the Items collection. That help topic lists all the properties that cannot be used in a filter.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Reefconsult" <=?utf-8?B?UmVlZmNvbnN1bHQ=?=> wrote in message news:e8d1ce54-2a7d-471a-aa4f-9cc453da038b...

Ok well this can be done for outlook 2007, i don't know if it's easy in outlook 2003.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:32 PM