Developer License alert in windows 8 app

Question

• I have Created a windows 8 app, which save coordinates of the user and upload it to SharePoint 2013. I have developed it for my company with my hotmailId. After some time  it ask for the developer license. 

I created package for my own, i don't want to deploy it on the app store.

http://www.abdulazizfarooqi.wordpress.com Abdul Aziz Farooqi [BizTalk & SharePoint Consultant] MCPD Web & MCPD SharePoint 2010

Sunday, June 01, 2014 4:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Abdul,

See this for more information: Get a developer license.

Developer licenses are free, and you can get as many as you need so that all your test machines have one. If you get one or more developer licenses by using a Microsoft account, you must renew them every 30 days. If you get one or more developer licenses by using a Store account, you must renew them every 90 days, and you might gain other advantages.

However you can still try this: Enabling a computer to obtain a developer license without having to connect to the internet.

And I will move your question to a correct place for a better support. :)

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, June 02, 2014 2:56 AM
  • if want to deploy it for production in your organization you need to enable sideloading for the other device.

You have few options:

- when using windows 8 pro or enterprise sku AND they are domain joined you can do this in the group policies

- using sideloading license key.

see more information:

http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows/jj874388.aspx

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, June 02, 2014 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Abdul,

See this for more information: Get a developer license.

Developer licenses are free, and you can get as many as you need so that all your test machines have one. If you get one or more developer licenses by using a Microsoft account, you must renew them every 30 days. If you get one or more developer licenses by using a Store account, you must renew them every 90 days, and you might gain other advantages.

However you can still try this: Enabling a computer to obtain a developer license without having to connect to the internet.

And I will move your question to a correct place for a better support. :)

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, June 02, 2014 2:56 AM
  • if want to deploy it for production in your organization you need to enable sideloading for the other device.

You have few options:

- when using windows 8 pro or enterprise sku AND they are domain joined you can do this in the group policies

- using sideloading license key.

see more information:

http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows/jj874388.aspx

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, June 02, 2014 5:16 AM