Club Website Starter Kit returns error on database RRS feed

• Question

• User1655208982 posted

Let me start with telling i'm new to Visual Studio, but i'm willing to learn [:)]

After installing Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, i wanted to check out the Club Website Starter Kit
    So installed that one to.
    Went to the program, selected File-New Website and selected the CWSK.
    It loaded normally and ik can see the aspx pages etc.
    But after pressing the Start Debugging button it returns an error :

Database 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MARTIN\MY DOCUMENTS\VISUAL STUDIO 2005\WEBSITES\CLUB WEB SITE STARTER KIT3\APP_DATA\CLUBSITE.MDF' cannot be upgraded because its non-release version (600) is not supported by this version of SQL Server. You cannot open a database that is incompatible with this version of sqlservr.exe. You must re-create the database.

Anyone any idea ?

Wednesday, November 9, 2005 11:23 AM

All replies

• User-1829657710 posted
    What version of the Web developer are you using, I would suggest downloading the new release as it is free. Then re download the current starter kit for the club website.

I was getting the error that you have above, the reason was that during the change from beta 2 and some early CTP releases there were some breaking changes to the database engine. What you had to do was rebuild the database from the SQL Scripts which you can get from Microsoft Downloads. If you have a look at the following post it goes through the process, http://forums.asp.net/1063893/ShowPost.aspx, but as I said above if you get the latest versions this problem has been resolved.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2005 5:24 PM
  • User1409432568 posted
    The current start kit download still causes this problem.  You require to download the the SQL script and run this to create the clubsite database, then detach and place in your app_data folder.

You can get the script at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0DD83A11-6980-4951-A192-DA6EACC6A19E&displaylang=en

Good luck.
    Monday, November 14, 2005 8:01 AM
  • User-1829657710 posted
    That is interesting, as I am using the current starter kit install on my VS2005 install as well as my Wed developer express install.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:10 AM