Advanced Logging does not create log files RRS feed

• Question

• User347395399 posted

I've poured over the forum trying to figure out if anyone else has experienced this. I installed the 64bit version of Advanced Logging and set it up exactly has was instructed on this site. I created a new log file definition and headers to capture (e.g., X-Forwarded-For). When I enable the Advanced Logging on the Machine level, no logs are created. I've rebooted the web server, uninstalled and reinstalled the application and it won't record any logs at all.

Has anyone experienced this and if so what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Friday, February 3, 2012 4:54 PM

All replies

• User581645896 posted
    Hello wes.north, This happens to me as well. I defined the LogUrl parameter in client config file, in the Initialization parameter of the HTML page as well as Silver light project, but log file was not generated, instead of that when i enabled Enable client logging and Real time loging in the Advanced Logging, i got Client side log events [EVENTS] at server side log file. Currently i am getting the client logs via another work around. I have created another aspx page in the same website in the IIS and defined its url as LogUrl in all files and in ASPX page i am getting the client XML and writing that to files. I have created the aspx page in the same website because silver light requires some cross domain configurations if it redirects to some other Domain / URL. Silverlight app: void MainPage_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) { //Initialize IIS Advanced Logging. AdvancedLoggingPlugin log = new AdvancedLoggingPlugin(); log.ApplicationLogUrls = new List<string> { "http://192.168.2.102/XmlData/Default.aspx" }; log.TimerInterval = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5); log.SmoothStreamingMediaElement = SmoothPlayer; } ASPX page : public partial class Default : System.Web.UI.Page { protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(Page.Request.InputStream); String xmlData = reader.ReadToEnd(); String filePath = "D:\\inetpub\\logs\\ClientLog\\" + DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.fff"); FileInfo imageFile = new FileInfo(filePath + ".xml"); StreamWriter writer = null; if(imageFile.Exists) { writer= new StreamWriter(filePath + "_1.xml"); } else { writer = new StreamWriter(filePath + ".xml"); } writer.Write(xmlData); writer.Close(); Response.Write(" Hello "+xmlData); } }
    Friday, February 17, 2012 3:08 AM
  • User2038506601 posted

I had the same problem.

It is an NTFS permissions problem.

Check windows logs.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:23 AM
  • User-151266692 posted
    Check the Event Viewer->Windows Log->System for errors I had an extra line created in my applicationHost.config file which i deleted and it worked right away. It was the location of where the logs are created
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:56 PM
  • User239750981 posted

The account that the app pool runs under must have the user right "Act as Part of the Operating System"

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 9:27 PM