Can't get new site online for review, help please.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I need to put my new site online so that I can get help fixing a design flaw, however my Go Daddy account isn't letting me upload it.  Is there another way I can get my site online without having to use Go Daddy?  I'm trying to use Filezilla but an error message stating its waiting for Go Daddy's Welcome page keeps popping up.  Please help, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Thank you!

Kelly KW

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:21 PM

Answers

• Sounds like you need to be asking GoDaddy.
    --
    Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP
    On Facebook | On Twitter | Resource Center | Veign's Blog | Web Development Help

Get a Complete Website Analysis by Veign
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Kelly:

If you have GoDaddy's least expensive hosting package, you can't upload your site. You have to use the GoDaddy web builder to create your site. That's the only way.

I ran into that problem with a client who had a simple site on GoDaddy (shudder) and needed more. We had to change accounts, and since his was near expiration, we just ditched GoDaddy (shudder). Don't know if that's your problem, but if you have their starter package, I bet it is.

I dream of a better world...a world in which a chicken can cross the road without its motives being questioned.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:28 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you need to be asking GoDaddy.
    --
    On Facebook | On Twitter | Resource Center | Veign's Blog | Web Development Help

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Sorry, but Chris is right.  This isn't a problem with Expression Web and nobody here is likely to have an answer for you.  You need to talk to GoDaddy's technical support to resolve this.  Good luck!
    Paul Bartholomew, Microsoft Expression Web
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Kelly:

If you have GoDaddy's least expensive hosting package, you can't upload your site. You have to use the GoDaddy web builder to create your site. That's the only way.

I ran into that problem with a client who had a simple site on GoDaddy (shudder) and needed more. We had to change accounts, and since his was near expiration, we just ditched GoDaddy (shudder). Don't know if that's your problem, but if you have their starter package, I bet it is.

I dream of a better world...a world in which a chicken can cross the road without its motives being questioned.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:28 AM
  • Thanks Everyone, I called Go Daddy and that is the exact problem I was having Bill!  Now I only need to find a new hosting company, so I won't have to deal with Go Daddy anymore.  Thanks everyone for all your help!

Kelly KW

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:38 PM
  • If you don't need to use ASP.NET I highly recommend Host Gator (they have a $4.95/month plan which is great).
    --

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:10 PM
  • You can get plans that do include asp.net (if you plan on ever using it) for as little as 3.95/mo at parcom.net.  You can even get one at GoDaddy for $4.99/mo - you just have to pick the right plan.  Now, I'm not a fan of GoDaddy, but you do need to be sure to read and understand the details of any plan before signing up, no matter which host you use.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:42 PM