none
POP3 adapter not deleting the mails after polling RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello,

We have two POP3 adapter configured against different mailboxes on same mail server.
    Recently one POP3 adapter was not deleting the mails after pooling. To resolve it we had deleted the receive location and recreated it. The problem was solved. But the error is occurring for another mail box now. We do not know the cause of such strange behavior of POP3 adapter. Please help to understand the internal issue and point the correct resolution to it.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Prashant
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    I've not use this adapter mysef yet, but the first question that pops into my mind when something stops to works is : "what has changed and where ?"
    The  second thing is : Is there any helpful information in the event logs of your biztalk server  & mail server ?

Now just a guess: since you recreated the adapter could it be simply that the user / password / server, ... changed ?
    Monday, December 29, 2008 5:03 PM
  • I have used the POP3 adapter. What kind of email server are you accessing with POP3 adapter? Also does the email address receive forwards of messages from some other email or distribution list or not? Additionally, does your email server have any retention policies in effect that require the email to be read more than once or stay in your email box for x number of days?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, January 26, 2009 3:33 PM