How do I fix this compile time error? RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Blend 2 Trial on my Windows XP SP3 computer, at work. The sample Silverlight projects work fine. When I try to build and run any WPF projects I get this error:

"Unknown compile error, this implementation, is not part of the cryptographic algorithms validated by FIPS of the Windows Platform."

Also:

Blend was unable to locate the .NET Framework SDK. The task is looking for the path in the value SDKInstallRootv2.0 in the registry key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework...

I tried the following. I removed Blend 2 and installed Blend 1. I got the same error. I tried reinstalling all the .NET framework. Still the same results.
    I installed Blend 2 Trial at home, where I'm running Windows Vista SP1. The generated executable works perfectly here at work. So, I imagine the problem is either with my .NET instalation at work or with some incompatibility with my Windows version, wich is Brazilian Portuguese.

Well, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jean Paul Banna
    Software Engineer/Systems Analyst

Friday, May 16, 2008 3:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Jean_Paul2008 said:

I just installed Blend 2 Trial on my Windows XP SP3 computer, at work. The sample Silverlight projects work fine. When I try to build and run any WPF projects I get this error:

"Unknown compile error, this implementation, is not part of the cryptographic algorithms validated by FIPS of the Windows Platform."

Also:

Blend was unable to locate the .NET Framework SDK. The task is looking for the path in the value SDKInstallRootv2.0 in the registry key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework...

I tried the following. I removed Blend 2 and installed Blend 1. I got the same error. I tried reinstalling all the .NET framework. Still the same results.
    I installed Blend 2 Trial at home, where I'm running Windows Vista SP1. The generated executable works perfectly here at work. So, I imagine the problem is either with my .NET instalation at work or with some incompatibility with my Windows version, wich is Brazilian Portuguese.

Well, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jean Paul Banna

By the way, I just tried compiling a blank project on Visual Studio 2008 and got the same errors:

Error 1 Unknown build error, 'This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. Line 9 Position 3.'  D:\Jean\Expression Blend Projects\Teste2\Teste2\App.xaml 9 3 Teste2

Error 2 Unknown build error, 'This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. Line 10 Position 3.'  D:\Jean\Expression Blend Projects\Teste2\Teste2\Window1.xaml 10 3 Teste2

Help please O.O

Thanks

Jean Paul Banna
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:17 PM
  • Did you read: http://blogs.msdn.com/expression/archive/2008/04/18/vs2008sp1.aspx ?
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:27 PM
  • I've seen that already. I don't have the .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta installed. It is only the .NET 3.5 and Blend. And I've tried all versions of Blend: 1, 2 and 2.5 preview.

Still looking for an answer.

Thanks anyway,

Jean Paul Banna
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:18 PM
  • I got the answer for this on the MSDN forum, from a guy named naicul 

http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2005/05/16/417975.aspx
    Monday, May 26, 2008 12:13 PM