none
Access 2013 - missing fields from SP13 List and broken connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, Thx for reading

I'm working on a Web App Access 2013 with a few tables linked to SP2013 (Corporate). I have "Owner" rights.

I've linked several tables a few weeks back when I started the development and they worked fine until today. I have two problems:

1) One of the tables, that has 13 fields, does not show two Short Text fields in Access, though they do exist in the SP list. then,

2) the same linked table is not located anymore by Access, the system displays the following message "The data source of this view has been updated. Please refresh the data source in the Access designer".

Certainly, if SP is going to update the source from time to time I cannot rely on a linked connection to the List in SP.

Thank you for your comments

Leonel

Monday, June 22, 2015 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Leonel,

>> One of the tables, that has 13 fields, does not show two Short Text fields in Access, though they do exist in the SP list. then,

Did you mean that it only happened in the specific table? Is it a system table or a table which you created? If it is used by you, it would be helpful If you could share us the table design and we could test at our side.

>> the same linked table is not located anymore by Access, the system displays the following message "The data source of this view has been updated. Please refresh the data source in the Access designer".

Did it only happen to the specific table? Before you got this prompt, have you modify the table in sharepoint? Did you mean that the fileds in SharePoint does not show up in Access unless you refresh the link table? If you delete the linked table in Access 2013 web app, and recreate the linked table, would you get the same prompt? It would be helpful if you could share us the table information.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I have linked a list from SP, but some of the fields are missing. Some are just normal short text fields. I've replicated the same actions in different machines but I still get the same problem. Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:02 PM
  • Hi. Can you list all the steps you took to link the list to your web app? Thanks.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:35 PM
  • Hi Leonel,

>> I have linked a list from SP, but some of the fields are missing

I suggest you link other tables in the SP to check whether this issue happened on the specific table or all of the tables in the SP. As the reply from DB guy, it would be helpful if you could share us steps to reproduce your issue.

In addition, I found the thread below you post before, are they the same issue? For the same issue, I suggest you do not post multiple threads, and keep following.
    Reference: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/35330ed7-e253-445d-964d-96baca6ed40e/access-2013-missing-fields-from-sp13-list-and-broken-connection?forum=appsforoffice

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:36 AM