none
[W8.1][HTML]inertiaDestinationY, inertiaDestinationX never sent as part of the MSManipulationEvent

All replies

• Hi Ravindra,

The Building Windows Store apps with HTML5/JavaScript forum is retiring! I'll move this to the Building Universal Windows apps forum for you. Please read Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! and Guide to posting: subject line tags

>>I never get the inertiaDestinationX or inertiaDestinationY parameters as part of the event

These two properties are all undefined in Winrt, if you want to figure out the direction of swiping, it would be done using the general manipulation methods and properties, this sample uses the GestureRecognizer API: https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Manipulations-and-gestures-362b6b59

You can choose what gestures you want to trap: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.input.gesturesettings.aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 1, 2015 5:55 AM
  • Thanks Franklin, I was looking at using the GestureRecognizer since this wasn't working. If these values are undefined in WinRT, shouldn't the documentation say so?

Developers definitely count on your help docs and it's best to keep it up to date and make sure not add additional ambiguity.

Regards, Rv.

Monday, June 1, 2015 5:35 PM
  • Franklin... using GestureRecognizer, I seem to be hitting this issue now Issues with GR wiht ScrollableView. I have content that needs to be detected what type of gesture and the direction in a GridView, MSManipulationEvent doesn't do what it's documented to... neither does GR work like anyone would expect.

Is there any hook that I could latch on to, to get this info?

Regards, Rv.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:50 AM
  • Hello Ravindra Kumar KS ,

Have you tried adding the win-interactive class to the element this will separate events of the items inside your item template so you can probably separate your scrolling events and gesture events.

As per documentation : “Normally, when the user interacts with an element, the ListView captures that interaction and uses it to determine whether the user selected or invoked an item or is panning through items. For an interactive element, such as a control, to receive input, you must attach the win-interactive class to the interactive element or one of its parent elements. That element and its children receive the interaction and no longer trigger events for the ListView.”

For learning about how to achieve gesture recognitions please follow below link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj150607.aspx

and this one for manipulation.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj709933.aspx

As per the article that you gave the root cause of the issue as described is scrolling event.

“The easiest way is to restrict the needed pointer messages to a sub-item which blocks the scrolling and set it to handle its own manipulations. For example, an Image in a FlipView’s ItemTemplate with ManipulationMode=”All” will not trigger the ScrollViewer for touches inside the image. The Image will receive both Xaml manipulation events and pointer events which can be passed to a GestureRecognizer.”

In WinJS if you want to separate the events of interactive elements inside item templates then you need to add win-interactive class.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Monday, June 8, 2015 8:55 AM
  • thanks Krunal, I haven't tried with win-interactive class, will check it out.

However I don't think it's going to help my cause. I have this scenario wherein I want the default gridview to handle the mouse/touch events and respond to it, that's a completely different path of actions, and in addition to it (since this doesn't provide) how mouse/touch was scrolled, I was trying to have a parallel solution to get the raw values and compute it myself.

However from what I understand, the events can be piped to either of the controls only and not both, I wish the "scroll" event would give out more info like direction like in msdn docs.

Regards, Rv.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:04 AM