none
visual studio 2010 uses

Question

• I have a visual studio 2010 web form application that I support. Right now I am using windows 7 computer and want to upgrade to a windows 10 computer.

Due to that fact can you tell me if the visual studio 2010 vb.net 2010 web form application will have problems running on a windows 10 computer? if so, what should I need to be aware of or what out for and what can I do to solve the potential problems?

Sunday, January 01, 2017 5:09 AM

Answers

• Hi wendy Elizabeth,

I have two computers win7 and win10, I have installed VS2010 on both them. I created a new vb winform project in win7 and then copy it to win10. In win10 OS, I could run it without any problems, so I think VS2010 in win10 could run the project from VS2010 in win7.

If some reply help you resolved your doubts, please remember to mark is as answer, which could helpful for others who has the same doubts. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi!

I am afraid there may be some compatibility issue between visual studio 2010 and Windows 10.

You may consider to update to  the latest version 2015.

For the portability to visual Studio 2015 from visual studio 2010, go to this link you'll have all informations you need : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it wil be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread. SVP utiliser le Marquer comme reponse; sur les reponses qui vous aide car cela permet aux personnes qui peuvent rencontrer le meme probleme que vous, de retrouver rapidement quelle est la reponse qui a resolu leur probleme. De plus, cela encourage aussi la personne qui a repondu a votre question, et de repondre aux suivantes...

Monday, January 02, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Hi wendy Elizabeth,

According to your description, if you just update OS from Win7 to Win10, I think the vb form project could not be affected.

Please make sure the version of .net platform is the same in win7, I think in Win10 the project could be run well.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 1:57 AM
  • Hi wendy Elizabeth,

I have two computers win7 and win10, I have installed VS2010 on both them. I created a new vb winform project in win7 and then copy it to win10. In win10 OS, I could run it without any problems, so I think VS2010 in win10 could run the project from VS2010 in win7.

If some reply help you resolved your doubts, please remember to mark is as answer, which could helpful for others who has the same doubts. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 8:39 AM