none
WHCK 8.1 Print Ticket Test RRS feed

• Question

• The test case below is included in the WHCK Print Ticket Test

<TestCase TestCaseFile="TestConfigFiles\MnVTestCases\BlankTkt+Null_MnVtc.xml">

I found this in the following file in the WHCK Server:

<WHCK Server>\Tests\amd64\NTTEST\printscantest\printing\printticket\testconfigfiles\MasterTestSuite.xml

However, when I opened the folder below, I found that the "BlankTkt+Null_MnVtc.xml" file is missing.

<WHCK Server>\Tests\amd64\NTTEST\printscantest\printing\printticket\testconfigfiles\mnvtestcases

The Print Ticket test always fails because of this.

If I comment the line out in MasterTestSuit.xml, the Print Ticket test passes.

Is this a bug of the WHCK 8.1 Tool?

• Edited by Lisa Edkin Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:39 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

We tested this using the WHCK tool 8.1 with QFE 3 (release on Oct 2, 2013).

It finally worked after downloading the update.

• Marked as answer by Lisa Edkin Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How are you executing this test?  If you run the job in the HCK it will use a different file "WDKTestSuite.xml" which does not use BlankTkt+Null_MnVtc.xml.  

Thanks,

Jeff

“This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

• Edited by Jeff Ermak Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:37 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:12 PM
  • Hello Jeff. I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I am experiencing problems with the Print Ticket test as well. It fails with no log, so I am unsure about how to debug it. I attempted to run the test via command line using the following process:

1. I copied the following files and folders (with the contents) from the c:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks folder of the client as it executed the test:

DeltaTickets

PTTestResults

TestConfigFiles

PTTest_device.xml

PTTest2.exe

2. I ran the test via command line with the following command:

PTTest2.exe /ts=WDKTestSuite.xml /dp=<Printer Name>

3. By following the above steps I was able to get a passing result:

<Msg
        UserText="All tests passed. No failures detected." CA="1930814384" LA="1930892849" >
        <rti id="868754985" />
        <ctx id="384048256" />
    </Msg>

However, when running the test through the tool, the result is failure. Any suggestions on how this might be fixed would be appreciated.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:48 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

I would like to correct my statement above that the Print Ticket test passes after commenting the file. What I did was I ran the tests separately ("MasterSuite" and "WDKTestSuite"). When I comment out the line in "MasterSuite" and run it manually, the MasterSuite test passes. Otherwise, it fails. The WDKTestSuite always passes if I run it manually but fails when I run the test using the WHCK 8.1 tool.

I am getting the same logs as Ukyou. The test passes if I run it manually using the command below:

PTTest2.exe /ts=WDKTestSuite.xml /dp=<Printer Name>

I wonder if there are logs if you run the Print Ticket Test using the WHCK Tool. The other tests (like Print Schema Conformance Test) has logs.

• Edited by Lisa Edkin Friday, October 11, 2013 12:23 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 12:14 AM
  • Hello,

The failure is likely caused by an appverifier break, which would not happen when you run the test manually.

In order to view all logs you should do the following.

1. In the results tab, you can view the result for this test and see a log under the task "execute pttest2.exe".  Look for any errors here.

2. right click on the result and click additional files -> show all.  From here the 2 xml files you want to look at are pritnspypttest2.xml and printspyspoolsv_dbg.xml.

Thanks

“This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

We tested this using the WHCK tool 8.1 with QFE 3 (release on Oct 2, 2013).

It finally worked after downloading the update.

• Marked as answer by Lisa Edkin Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:13 AM