Azure pricing RRS feed

• Question

• User-556788073 posted

I was cheking Azure pricing....

The Virtual Machine pricing...

http://www.windowsazure.com/pt-br/pricing/calculator/?scenario=virtual-machines

If I choose 20 Windows Machines with an A7 level..

I get a value of 30,000 dollars/month.....

That´s the max value for Virtual Machine instances... But lets imagine that I have a very very very heavy aplication.....

I dont know, let exagerate,  something like the Bing Algorithm  ..... I believe that the price is very cheap for a situation like that....

I know I have to pay for the storage and data transfer but the Virtual Machine pricing is very cheap in a situation like that isnt it?

Is it 30,000 the maximum value that someone will really pay?

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:52 PM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

IMHO, if you have a really huge applicaion it will be much better to buy the hardware and to pay only for data center and monthly bandwidth, i.e. to use colocation hosting services. In this way you will achieve the best price for you.

Regards

Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:07 AM
  • User1815411410 posted

hi anderson,

I disagree with you. If you really, really have a very heavy application, you would end up paying more than $30K a month

If, let's say, you can build another Google search engine and it is the second most popular site on this earth, I believe you will be paying much more than just $30K a month

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:54 AM
  • User850140887 posted

That's a lot of money. Hire a Junior System Administrator and get a Dedicated Server for him to manage. Should definitely come out far cheaper than that option.

Alternatively get an ISP to assist you with alternative options.

Monday, July 1, 2013 5:24 AM
  • User13850534 posted

Why not get a cloud server instead? 30000/mo is really big money

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:45 AM
  • User-801004448 posted

I know I have to pay for the storage and data transfer but the Virtual Machine pricing is very cheap in a situation like that isnt it?

Dedicated server with the right provider is cheaper than Azure VM. You can find a server with 64GB RAM, RAID 10 HDD, Dual Hexacore for $1000/month. Fee of 20 servers is only $20K/month.

But lets imagine that I have a very very very heavy aplication.....

I dont know, let exagerate,  something like the Bing Algorithm

You would need a data center to run Bing-like search engine in a much smaller scale than actual Bing.

Friday, July 19, 2013 12:55 AM