How to properly export SketchFlow package, for user review/input RRS feed

• Question

• I've now finished 2 prototypes of the project I'd like to show to the users.  This is a very simple application, and I was able to copy and paste lots of XAML code from one project into another (which honestly is really cool, because I wanted to only make minor changes to show to the user to get their feedback).  On one of the SketchFlow projects I added some code-behind to handle the Expand event of the expander controls on the page.

Anyway, I want to know now, how do I export these 2 SketchFlow projects, so that users can give me feedback?  This is meant to be a WPF application, so as Chuck has pointed out what I need to use is the Package SketchFlow Project ... option under the File menu, to do this.  I got into VS 2008 and compiled and ran them both, but I'm pretty sure I could still use the Package SketchFlow Project ... option for the project which does't use code-behind.  But how about the other project, which does use code-behind?  Should I build and make an executable from VS 2008?

Rod
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Rod,

The package SketchFlow project option just builds your project, and copies the bin\debug folder to a new location.  This is the exact same thing that will happen with a build command in VS.  So either way will work just fine, but in VS you will have to right click your project, pick open in windows explorer, and navigate to the bin\debug directory to copy the files (all the dlls, exe, etc...)

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:43 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Rod,

The package SketchFlow project option just builds your project, and copies the bin\debug folder to a new location.  This is the exact same thing that will happen with a build command in VS.  So either way will work just fine, but in VS you will have to right click your project, pick open in windows explorer, and navigate to the bin\debug directory to copy the files (all the dlls, exe, etc...)

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:43 PM
  • Hi Rod,