web service soap mapper error question

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a web service using excel.

I have currently no issues logging into the web service, and running one of the other functions to fetch a full list of data.  Once I am able to log in, the function returns a token, which I use to fetch data.

But Currently, I'm getting the following errors one two of the functions:

SoapMapper:Restoring data into SoapMapper ViewListResult failed HRESULT=0x80020009: Exception occurred.
     - Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x80020009: Exception occurred.

Run-time error '-2147221504 (80040000)':
    SoapMapper:Restoring data into SoapMapper ViewListResult failed

Any idea why I might be getting this error?  And also how I can fix it?  Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:58 PM

All replies

• That's an Excel question.

John Saunders
    WCF is Web Services. They are not two separate things.
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:09 PM
  • Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a web service using excel.

I have currently no issues logging into the web service and also fetching data using one of the methods.  But the two other methods, I get the error that states that it had run into an error restoring data. 

There are 4 main method. 
    The first method logs me into the system, and returns a token.  With this token, I have to send this data to retrieve other data.  The second one, and third one return lists depending on my log on ID, and the fourth return a full set of data. 

Oddly, I am able to log in, get the token, and also run the last method that allows me to receive the full set of data.  As for the other two, I receive the same error message:

SoapMapper:Restoring data into SoapMapper ViewListResult failed HRESULT=0x80020009: Exception occurred.
     - Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x80020009: Exception occurred.

Run-time error '-2147221504 (80040000)':
    SoapMapper:Restoring data into SoapMapper ViewListResult failed

Any idea why I might be getting this error?  And also how I can fix it?  Thanks.
    • Merged by Martin_Xie Monday, February 22, 2010 6:10 AM Merge them to keep in one same topic.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:55 AM
  • You are obviously in the wrong forum.

We don't know what webservice you are using.

But if you have problems with a webservice then to find out why it is not responding well can be going to the builders of that service.

I've an idea you are using Navision, but even than this forum is not the proper one.

Success
    Cor
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:51 AM