Foreground color on app web page incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• Hello we just published an app to the Windows Store that demos our UI control products.  We use a dark orange color for our app icon background and white as the foreground color.  In the Windows Store listing for our app, the left sidebar renders properly with orange background and white foreground.

However in the public web page listing for the app (http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-us/app/actipro-winrt-xaml-controls/a36f2163-4d44-4ed9-b19f-d1fe1007c3c6), the orange background is there with black foreground text.  The black text makes it harder to read with that dark of a background.

Please update the web page listings so they use the same logic as the Windows Store app in determining whether a white or black foreground color should be used for the sidebar and screenshot caption areas.

actiprosoftware.com - Professional WPF, WinRT, Silverlight, and WinForms UI controls and components

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:56 PM

All replies

• Bill,

The images seem legible when I looked at them, but my guess from your description is that there's a transparency in the PNG files that were uploaded. The background behind the screenshots is black so this color would show through any transparencies in your image. 

-Eric

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:53 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Sorry I think you misunderstood what I'm requesting.  If you look at the URL I pasted, you'll see the large orange sidebar on the left with all the rating, pricing, age rating, copyright, etc. data.  Then another orange block under the screenshots that has the text caption for the screenshot and the back/forward buttons.

In the Windows Store app (on Windows 8), the look is similar to this page for the listing except that the foreground text in the areas mentioned above with orange backgrounds is white instead of black, and is much more readable.  I suspect there is some algorithm in that app where if a dark background color is used for the sidebar, then it reverts to white instead of black text.  I'm just asking that the web page have similar logic so that in my listing's case, the text would also be white in those areas on the web page that have the dark orange background.

You can see the difference by comparing the web page (linked above) with the Windows Store listing (visible by clicking the View in Windows Store button).

actiprosoftware.com - Professional WPF, WinRT, Silverlight, and WinForms UI controls and components

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Hi Bill,

So to confirm the issue. The Tile in the Windows Store is what you expected. White text on an Orange background. However for the Windows Store URL you were given the text is black and not white.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:40 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Yes, the Windows Store app lists all the sidebar data in white text on orange background, which is what I'd like to see the web page do as well.  Basically just have it pick the foreground colors for those areas (sidebar and screenshot captions) using the same logic as what the Windows Store app uses.  That would make for a consistent UI between the two listings.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:45 PM