ReportViewer control doesn't update images after drill down RRS feed

• Question

• User-1321308473 posted

I've created SSRS report which has drilldown functionality. On every row/level it displays images (they can be different on each level). I don't know if it is important but I use Indicator for displaying images. When I open the report (on my asp.net site with ReportViewer control) all visible images are displayed properly. When I click on a '+' to show hidden rows, Images below the row I just expanded are completly messed up. Ofcourse when I open the report in BIDS/ReportServer everything works properly. 

I've found out that ssrs generates one big image for all images which are displayed(visible) in the report. And normally it refresh this cumulative image after drill down action, but not when I use ReportViewer control. ReportViewr Control just tries to display all images based on cumulative image generated when report open. 

So the buttom line is why ReportViewer control doesn't updated cumulative image? Is it possible to force ReportViewer to refreshe it? What is an alternative to ReportViewer control. Microsoft please don't tell me it is another bug you won't fix.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:38 AM

All replies

• User488649576 posted

Hi,

Please see the link below about adding an Expand/Collapse Action to an Item (Report Builder and SSRS):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220405.aspx

Thanks!!

Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:51 AM
  • User-1321308473 posted

Thanks for your answer!

The expand/collapse fucntionality is fine (I made it in the same way as in the article you provided) the problem is images in collapsed/hidden rows. I don't know if it is important but I use ReportViewer control v9.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:28 AM