none
Cannot catch retry limit exceeded RRS feed

• Question

• Hey - running the IoTHub Client Python SDK on a Raspi. Everything works like a charm - the only thing is that I have troubles getting the Retry logic implemented properly. The Pi is connected via 3G, so it happens occasionally that the connection drops. I have chosen the RETRY_EXPONENTIAL_BACKOFF_WITH_JITTER and a retry timeout of approx. 2 1/2h. 

Now comes the problem. If the connection is not re-established in this 2 1/2h the application will simply stall - no CPU or memory surge and potentially still doing its job without trying to reconnect to IoTHub. How am I able to catch the retry limit exceeding?

Thanks a lot, 

Thomas

Monday, July 16, 2018 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hello Thomas,

As far as i know, currently there is no way to catch the retry limit exceeding. And 

From the retry control code, i can not find some method or callback to catch the exceeding.

In addition, Custom retry policy is in progress. If you use HTTP transport for communicating with IoT Hub,  there is no limit to the number of messages being retried.

Hope that can helpe you. If you want more information,you can open a issue on the GitHub.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:00 AM