permission of create new item by workflow problem RRS feed

• Question

• Cause:I want to copy the item from A list to B list by workflow. The X group account just has A list permission  to create item ,no permission to view the B list.

I use designer 2007 to develop the workflow, and I test if the account(like team site owner) has permission to create item in A and B list. The workflow is completed.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:34 AM

Answers

• When you attach a workflow to a list it should have a checkbox for running the workflow whenever an item is added to the list.  If you check this you will get the behavior mentioned above.
    Kevin
    • Proposed as answer by Kevin W. Lin Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:31 AM

All replies

• I'm not too sure about what your exact problem is, but if I understand correctly you are saying you are having troubles making a workflow copy an item from one list to another list.

I think this may be caused if you are manually starting the workflow since the workflow owner would be the person who started the workflow manually and might have permission issues.

However if you make the workflow automatically start the moment an item is added to a list, it will run under System Account which shouldn't have any permission issues.

Let me know if I misunderstood and I can suggest something else.
    Kevin
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:06 PM
  • Kevin,
    Perfectly right.
    How can fix "However if you make the workflow automatically start the moment an item is added to a list, it will run under System Account which shouldn't have any permission issues." this problem?
    Thank you
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:08 AM
  • When you attach a workflow to a list it should have a checkbox for running the workflow whenever an item is added to the list.  If you check this you will get the behavior mentioned above.
    Kevin
    • Proposed as answer by Kevin W. Lin Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:31 AM