none
Party/Profile/Agreement Question RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing an 837 EDI application I have started, and have created two parties (and single profile each) with an agreement.  I have tested this and can successfully generate TA1/997 ack files.  My question is this: I have over 50 agreements to created, and they really are all the same: people send us 837's, and we send back 997.  Do I need to create a separate agreement for all 50 agencies I support?  It seems the only differences are the ISA 6/8 values and the GS 2/3 values.  Any way to somehow deal with this by reading the file for these values, or does this defeat the purpose of agreements?
    Thanks for any and all help... Mike
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:04 PM

Answers

• In your case, you really have to create 50 parties if you want to use the provided functionality of BizTalk. I do know projects where we had to create a custom dis-assembler pipeline to fulfill basic requirements similar to yours but in our case we wanted EDI functionality with some custom stuff.

if you dont want to do Party resolution which means in BizTalk if you dont want to create parties it will use Global EDI settings and then it wont be able to build 997's with valid headers.

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Mike J Dugan Monday, February 14, 2011 12:45 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:11 PM
  • Mike,

As you said, you will be defeating the purpose of Agreements. In BizTalk ISA06/08 plays a significant role in identfying the parties and agreements.

You can create a pipeline componet to read the file before Edi Disassembler and change the ISA06/08, GS02/03 values and change it according to the agreement you have defined. On the other side, when you want to stop processing files that's from amy of the 50 agencies you have to go back to change the comopnent to stop processing files from that agreement.

I would suggest to create 50 agreements rather than reading file and changing ISA values

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:49 AM

All replies

• In your case, you really have to create 50 parties if you want to use the provided functionality of BizTalk. I do know projects where we had to create a custom dis-assembler pipeline to fulfill basic requirements similar to yours but in our case we wanted EDI functionality with some custom stuff.

if you dont want to do Party resolution which means in BizTalk if you dont want to create parties it will use Global EDI settings and then it wont be able to build 997's with valid headers.

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:11 PM
  • Mike,

As you said, you will be defeating the purpose of Agreements. In BizTalk ISA06/08 plays a significant role in identfying the parties and agreements.

You can create a pipeline componet to read the file before Edi Disassembler and change the ISA06/08, GS02/03 values and change it according to the agreement you have defined. On the other side, when you want to stop processing files that's from amy of the 50 agencies you have to go back to change the comopnent to stop processing files from that agreement.

I would suggest to create 50 agreements rather than reading file and changing ISA values

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:49 AM