futureAccessList items are preserved even if object is moved on the disk? RRS feed

• Question

• I save the tokens of futureAccessList.add to a database. It seems that those tokens are still valid, even after the folder has been moved or renamed on disk?

Is that by design and going to stay like that?

Monday, March 25, 2013 5:50 PM

Answers

• I would depend on this behavior not changing in Windows 8. However, things can change in future versions, so just be aware...

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:07 PM

All replies

• Is this impacting your application?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:18 PM
  • Yes, if this behaviour is going to stay, its good for my app. If not, then we would have to prompt the user again for the folder/file.
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:29 PM
  • I would depend on this behavior not changing in Windows 8. However, things can change in future versions, so just be aware...

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:07 PM