How to show html tag body in email? How to attach excel files in mail? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts:

I am trying to create an email in my app in Windows phone 8.1 c++/cx runtime environment .

Question One:

I want to generate a HTML string and than access to Windows::ApplicationModel::Email::EmailMessage::body, but I found it not support HTML tags. How to make it work?

Question Two:

I want to attach an excel file to an email, but I was not enable to access document folder but only picture folder.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Copper Lau,

For your questions.

1, I don't think HTML string is possible in Windows Phone runtime, only plain text is available, there is no BodyFormat we can choose to use, see Body | body property.

However I think HTML is a better thing to have, you can consider suggest to Microsoft by suggestion channel: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-dev-platform

2, Why not use filepicker let your user select the file themselves? Also see the documentation: App capability declarations

You can't use the Documents library in a Windows Phone Store app.

• You can't publish a Windows Phone Store app that specifies the documentsLibrary capability to the Windows Phone Store. The Store blocks the publishing of the app.

• Your app can't access the Documents library in the phone's internal storage. If another app creates a Documents folder on the optional SD card, however, your app can see that folder.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 26, 2014 5:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Copper Lau,

For your questions.

1, I don't think HTML string is possible in Windows Phone runtime, only plain text is available, there is no BodyFormat we can choose to use, see Body | body property.

However I think HTML is a better thing to have, you can consider suggest to Microsoft by suggestion channel: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-dev-platform

2, Why not use filepicker let your user select the file themselves? Also see the documentation: App capability declarations

You can't use the Documents library in a Windows Phone Store app.

• You can't publish a Windows Phone Store app that specifies the documentsLibrary capability to the Windows Phone Store. The Store blocks the publishing of the app.

• Your app can't access the Documents library in the phone's internal storage. If another app creates a Documents folder on the optional SD card, however, your app can see that folder.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 26, 2014 5:18 AM