Updatepanel refreshing RRS feed

• Question

• User-500992066 posted

Hi ,

I have a updatepanel in the name of "Updatepanel1" and it is having gridview (gvdetails), One of the link button of gridview (gvdetails) refreshing another updatepanel by opening a modalpopextender and another gridview but this is getting slow to open popup as link button is refreshing gvdetails also how can i increase the performance. 

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:50 AM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi Mounesh,

One of the link button of gridview (gvdetails) refreshing another updatepanel by opening a modalpopextender and another gridview but this is getting slow to open popup as link button is refreshing gvdetails also how can i increase the performance. 

From your description, when click the link button, if there is no need to refresh the gvdetails view, you could try to use link button OnClientClick event(return false) to prevent page post back. Like this:

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" OnClientClick="myfunction();"  runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkB

<script type="text/javascript">
            function myfunction() {

return false;
            }
        </script>

Best regards,
    Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:31 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Mounesh,

One of the link button of gridview (gvdetails) refreshing another updatepanel by opening a modalpopextender and another gridview but this is getting slow to open popup as link button is refreshing gvdetails also how can i increase the performance. 

From your description, when click the link button, if there is no need to refresh the gvdetails view, you could try to use link button OnClientClick event(return false) to prevent page post back. Like this:

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" OnClientClick="myfunction();"  runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkB

<script type="text/javascript">
            function myfunction() {

return false;
            }
        </script>

Best regards,
    Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:31 AM
  • User-500992066 posted

Hi Brando,

yeah i understood , can we apply not to refresh the update panel for a particular control of the content template

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:51 AM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi Mounesh,

yeah i understood , can we apply not to refresh the update panel for a particular control of the content template

According to your description, I couldn't understand your requirement clearly.

Do you mean when you click the button the update panel refreshed except the particular control?

If you could explain more about it, it will be more easily for us to find the solution.

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:37 AM