External list error: Unable to display this Web Part. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've created a Business Data Connectivity Model to my Visual Studio solution, set it up and deployed it.

In Central Admin I see the BDC Service (named Scope BDC Service) with the External Content type with this information:

----

External Content Type Information 
    Name :  Contactpersoon 
    Display Name :  Intrakoop.Odin.BCS.ScopeModel.Contactpersoon 
    Namespace :  Intrakoop.Odin.BCS.ScopeModel 
    Version :  1.0.0.56 
    External System :  ScopeModel 
    BDC Model :  ScopeModel 
    Crawlable :  No 
    Default Action :  None 
    ----

Below it I see the fields

I then go to my site and Add an External list based on this Content Type.

When I go to view the list I get the following error:

----

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

Correlation ID:a8cfebea-03be-44c0-93ea-eebb234e5f37
     -----

In the Event log I find the following error:

----

Could not obtain a proxy to WebService for LobSystem 'ScopeModel' in App Domain '/LM/W3SVC/1969873120/ROOT-1-129458742392840441'. The full exception text is: Assembly was requested for LobSystem with Name 'ScopeModel', but this assembly was not returned. SystemUtility of Type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.BusinessData.SystemSpecific.DotNetAssembly.DotNetAssemblySystemUtility' requires the assembly to be uploaded.. The inner exception text is: .

----

I cannot find similar errors online, so hopefully someone here can help us fix this.

regards, Felix

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:41 PM