none
Make workbook (Excel to Word) to work International geo location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I hope I get some help here. I have VBA that creates Price / Rate Table in Microsoft Excel workbook and then the same VBA inserts the table into Microsoft Word. VBA was written in United States and the currency symbol and number format is in below format:

$ #,###.##

If am executing the VBA from US then it works fine. But if I send the same document to person located outside US, say for example Brazil, then the format automatically changes to Brazil localization as below:

R$ #.###,##

I searched over the internet and found that making numberformat as below will fix the issue but it didn't:

.NumberFormat = "[$$-409]#,##0.00"

So basically am looking out for a code that should work and format to US currency symbol and number format with decimal and comma irrespective of the geo location the user executes. I will be glad if I get some help with this. 

Thanks,
    Vasanth

Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:34 PM

All replies

• The Numberformat you quoted changes my currency symbol to a $ in cells otherwise formatted with my local currency. Not sure why it does work for you, how did you apply it?

You could also try "\$#,##0.00"

Friday, August 26, 2016 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Did it also changed format from ., to ,.?? Can You please confirm. 
    For testing purpose am changing my default system settings from US to Romania and other Countries where number format for currency is comma and dot (#.###,##). It's applying $ symbol but format of comma and decimal is not changing. Can You please help?

Regards,
    Vasanth

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:32 PM
  • Hi Experts,

Any suggestions and help with this pls?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:05 PM