upgrading the managed code infopath form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Does anybody updated the infopath forms (managed code) having code behind to the new versions (i mean from info path version 1.0.0.78 to 1.0.0.80). if yes can you pls let me know the deployment steps for it and what i have to take care before deployments.
    It  is MOSS 2007 with infopath 2007.
    Another question :
    I have an infopath form which is browser enabled form. so when user open the form it will open in browser and after filling up the data its stores in forms library. The issue i am facing now is the browser enable is broken and users are being asked to use the client application that means saved the form on their machine. i am not sure how this things break up.
    I am getting this error 
    On the sharepoint server :
    This form template is not currently browser-enabled. It must either be republished as a browser-enabled form, or opened using Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007.
    On Client machine :
    The form template is trying to access files and settings on your computer. InfoPath cannot grant access to these files and settings because the form template is not fully trusted. For a form to run with full trust, it must be installed or digitally signed with a certificate
    Now my question is do i need to update this form using the digital signature? does any body had done this type of forms?
    I have gone through all the settings in Central Admin, site collection level setting and forms library settings and everything is setup for browser enabled forms.
    Please help me out.
    thanks in Advance.

Aniket
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 9:58 AM

Answers

• To load a form with code behind for Browser based, the form needs to have a minimum of Domain Trust (possibly Full Trust).  It should be published to "A SharePoint Server with or without Forms Services".  Once published, an admin can load the form through Central Admin (or via a script).  The form will then be propagated out.

If you are no longer using Forms Services, any form with code will require a Code Signing Certificate from a trusted source (a Certificate Authority in your domain will work).  The certificate will need to be exported with the private keys and installed on the development machine, then attached to the form.  When the users open the form in the client, they will be notified that they have to trust the source in order for the code to execute.  There is no way around this.  A local certificate (sign it with your dev machine only) will not work as that Cert is a local one for testing purposes only.

In general, you need to make sure you are publishing the form correctly and then loading it through Central Admin.  Also, make sure that you are attaching it to the Form Library as a valid Content Type.  If you publish it directly to the list, it will not open in the Browser.

Dennis

• Marked as answer by Aniket SPoint Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:12 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 6:13 AM

All replies

• To load a form with code behind for Browser based, the form needs to have a minimum of Domain Trust (possibly Full Trust).  It should be published to "A SharePoint Server with or without Forms Services".  Once published, an admin can load the form through Central Admin (or via a script).  The form will then be propagated out.

If you are no longer using Forms Services, any form with code will require a Code Signing Certificate from a trusted source (a Certificate Authority in your domain will work).  The certificate will need to be exported with the private keys and installed on the development machine, then attached to the form.  When the users open the form in the client, they will be notified that they have to trust the source in order for the code to execute.  There is no way around this.  A local certificate (sign it with your dev machine only) will not work as that Cert is a local one for testing purposes only.

In general, you need to make sure you are publishing the form correctly and then loading it through Central Admin.  Also, make sure that you are attaching it to the Form Library as a valid Content Type.  If you publish it directly to the list, it will not open in the Browser.

Dennis

• Marked as answer by Aniket SPoint Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:12 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 6:13 AM
  • Thanks Dennises for the Reply.

I had recreated a form and successfully upgraded (deployed) the form using CA. it doesn't required the digital certificate as i had make it fully trusted. 

It is using form services

Your suggestion is really helpful.

Thanks again.

Aniket
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:12 AM