none
BAM - Tracking not working after deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have deployed an activity and have applied a tracking profile for the activity. Data are being captured in the BAMPrimaryImport tables successfully.

But if i re-deploy the BizTalk application, then the tracking is not working..

Again i have to remove and deploy the activity.

I am not sure how to resolve this. Any help will be appreciated ?

S B A

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:17 AM

Answers

• Yes that is the only way. Every-time an orchestration is re-deployed with changes in shapes or version changes, the TPE has to be re-created and then re-deployed for it to work. That is the way it is.

So after you redeploy the orchestration use the TPE and "RETRIEVE" the Activity.. if the orchestration shows up then do not do anything otherwise, remove the profile, create and publish the new one.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by - Anand - Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:50 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

This is the correct behavior you are seeing for TPE  .

BAM Tracking profiler should be deployed after you deployed the Application .Each Deployment of Biz Talk associated with version or assembly change and to accommodate this you need to redeploy your TPE again .

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:53 AM
  • Hi Anand,

You need to deploy TPE everytime you deploy BizTalk. You can see the entries for tracking profiles in [BAMPrimaryImport].[dbo].[bam_Metadata_TrackingProfiles] table and version column gets updated with every deployment.

BAM activity is one time deployment(if nothing is changed after the creation) where as TPE should deploy every time.

Cheers

JB

• Marked as answer by - Anand - Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Anand,

Check tables for the activities you have created in Excel file are created in BAMPrimaryImport database. This is to ensure you have deployed the activities correctly. 

Enable TDDS (Tacking Data Decode Services): Ensure your Orchestration’s host instance is configured to run "Tracking Data Decode Service (TDDS)" in your environment. If you have used asynchronous data system, the BAM data is logged to the BizTalkMsgBoxx database and it’s the responsibility of the TDDS service to move the BAM data BAMPrimaryImport database.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308950(BTS.10).aspx

When BAM fails to tack, it log the error details in event log and records in TDDS_FailedTrackingData. Since you don’t have any eventlog entries, I think problem could in is TDDS/Deployment/Tracking profile file.

Hope this is helpful.

I would suggest please have a look into below related thread for help,

BAM tracking data is not getting populated.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Yes that is the only way. Every-time an orchestration is re-deployed with changes in shapes or version changes, the TPE has to be re-created and then re-deployed for it to work. That is the way it is.

So after you redeploy the orchestration use the TPE and "RETRIEVE" the Activity.. if the orchestration shows up then do not do anything otherwise, remove the profile, create and publish the new one.

Regards.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

This is the correct behavior you are seeing for TPE  .

BAM Tracking profiler should be deployed after you deployed the Application .Each Deployment of Biz Talk associated with version or assembly change and to accommodate this you need to redeploy your TPE again .

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:53 AM
  • Hi Anand,

You need to deploy TPE everytime you deploy BizTalk. You can see the entries for tracking profiles in [BAMPrimaryImport].[dbo].[bam_Metadata_TrackingProfiles] table and version column gets updated with every deployment.

BAM activity is one time deployment(if nothing is changed after the creation) where as TPE should deploy every time.

Cheers

JB

• Marked as answer by - Anand - Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:08 AM