none
Should I use one ULR or Two ..WebAPI RRS feed

• Question

• We are targeting some remote data center data via a web service (Web API) . There will be many users at a time using this service . Authentication also happens first time via this service for the application users.

There was another requirement when the project starts some authentication has to happen for the device itself . That database and tables will be having device mac addresses.This is not user authentication . 

Is it better to have another web API project to target that database on the same server where another service will be doing the authentication and pulling the data or is better to enhance the existing the service ?

I want to cut the load , connection pools and connection time of the service .

Thanks.

Thanks

usher A

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:03 PM

All replies

• ASP.NET WebAPI has a forum at ASP.NET forums.

http://forums.asp.net/

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:16 PM
  • Hi usher227,

According to your description, if you want to cut the cut the connection pool, I suggest you could try to put the api in same application, If other application will not use this feature to check the device.

If you have other application which will use this API to check the device MAC, I suggest you could create a new api application. Since if the API application is down, it will not make the device authentication API down.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:56 AM