none
History table for saving project level informaiton RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a history table for project level tasks such as Project Requirement Date, Status, etc.  Just some enterprise level custom fields that I want to save off to a table.  Does anyone of a way to have a history table (custom) attached to the reporting database that I read records from the project server database and populate the history table with records for history purposes? 

Cletus51

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Instead of building a table and pushing in data to the table, you can also try using a View which will give the same set of data.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Thanks, but I don't think that will fit this issue.  I need to maintain history.  In other words, if someone puts in a status update into my variable length text field on my PDP page every day, I want to see the last 14 days of entries; I don't want it overlaying the text field in the server tables each time.  Am I correct in saying that it does overlay each time?

Cletus51

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:37 PM
  • You can create a new table with the required fields. Post this, create an SSIS package with the filters to populate the required data and schedule it so that that the data will be pumped in from the OOB table to the custom table.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Hello, You can do this with a SQL job, see my post below for an example: http://pwmather.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/projectserver-data-snapshot-for-reporting-ps2010-msproject-sp2010-excel-ssrs-sql/ Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:56 PM