none
Text shifts / font changes when rich text field gets the focus RRS feed

• Question

• This is a very strange bug I noticed after we all upgraded to Office 2016.  This was NOT happening in Office 2010.

I have a few memo / long text fields on a form that have rich text formatting.  Whenever the focus moves to those fields (by tabbing to it or clicking inside the box), you can visibly see the text shift / move slightly.  It almost looks like the font changes.  Then it goes back to the way it was when that field loses focus.

Thru some testing, I figured out it's the rich text formatting that makes it happen.  If I change it to plain text, problem goes away.  I tried changing fonts, removing scroll bar, etc. (while leaving rich text formatting) to see if the problem would go away that way, and it does not.

Does anyone have any insight on this?  Any way of leaving the rich text formatting in tact and not having the text shift?

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:07 PM

Answers

• I see that too. Seems to be caused by the vertical scrollbar becoming active, or space for it even if it is not active. Nothing you can do about it.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

• Marked as answer by TraciMarie Friday, April 27, 2018 2:44 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:29 PM
  • Hello TraciMarie,

I could reproduce the issue too. I would suggest you try to go to Feedback to submit a feed back for the issue.

If you are using an Insider version, your feedback will goes directly to Microsoft product teams and will help make Office better.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:33 AM

All replies

• I see that too. Seems to be caused by the vertical scrollbar becoming active, or space for it even if it is not active. Nothing you can do about it.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:29 PM
  • I tried removing the verticial scrollbar and the text still shifts.  Oh well.

Can someone at Microsoft enter this as an official bug and have it fixed in a future update?

• Edited by TraciMarie Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:35 PM additional question
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hello TraciMarie,

I could reproduce the issue too. I would suggest you try to go to Feedback to submit a feed back for the issue.

If you are using an Insider version, your feedback will goes directly to Microsoft product teams and will help make Office better.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:33 AM
  • Thanks, will do.
    Friday, April 27, 2018 2:44 PM