Help required to configure Blender Add on for Azure Batch Rendering RRS feed

• Question

• Help required to configure Blender Add on for Azure Batch Rendering :
    ====================================================================

We followed the steps in the following link, to build the Add-on

After the zip file containing the Add-on was created, we tried to add it to blender.
    But while setting the "Add-on Preferences", we are not clear on how to set the 
    VM Configuration. Specifically , it is asking about "Cloud VM Linux Distro", we don't have a VM with linux, we have only windows instance.
    So we need your help in configuring blender add-on to work.

Note : I couldn't add image and link as per azure policy. Please verify my account so that I can forward image and link

Friday, July 20, 2018 5:54 AM

All replies

• I found this link regarding setting up the blender add-on

https://github.com/Azure/azure-batch-rendering/tree/master/plugins/blender

But I am not sure if it is the same one you are following. Would you be able to paste the link you are following here? Even if you cannot create an actual link you should be able to paste it as plain text so I can take a look. 

Friday, July 20, 2018 8:03 PM
  • As per Micah's response, https://github.com/Azure/azure-batch-rendering/tree/master/plugins/blender is the correct Blender plugin to use. It sounds like you might be trying to install the old Blender plugin that is no longer supported. 

Could you reply with the URL you got the plugin from and i will double check. 

If you have any further issues, please contact me directly at (andrew.scobie [at] microsoft.com) or the wider rendering team at (rendering [at] microsoft.com) and we would be happy to assist you.

Cheers, 
    Andrew

Monday, July 23, 2018 5:28 AM
  • Jay, Any update on this? 
    Monday, July 23, 2018 6:48 PM
  • I just saw that the Batch Explorer link was incorrect in the above plugin repository README. I have updated the link to be correct. 
    Monday, July 23, 2018 11:09 PM