none
Search Alerts with refiners SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

i have created a weppart-page with a search result webpart, a search-box and a refinement webpart. The search works great  i can refine my search results with the refinement webpart and i can search with the search-box.

1. If i am searching with the search-box and then creating an alert  i get a notification for creating this alert. Now, if i create a list-item with a keyword that was in my search-box i get an alert e-mail that a new item was created. This works perfect.

Problem: Creating Alerts for search results with refiners

2. If i refine a search and then create an alert, i dont receive an alert when i add a list-item with the same refiner-value.

I guess that has something to do with the search-query !?

PLS HELP 

Thanks

Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my knowledge, search alert triggered daily/weekly based on your setting.

How long did you wait for since you creating the alert?

Have you tried to crawl the content source after you creating/updating the items?

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Yes i crawled the content source after i added an item with the same refiner. The item shows up in my search results but i dont receive an alert for the updated search result.

BR,

Atilla

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Hi,

I’ll try to test in my local and get back.

Best Regards,

Lee

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Hi,

thank you, iam waiting if you find out something. Its a little bit weird that the refiner isnt in the search query text if you create an alert.

BR,

Atilla

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for response late, I tested in default search page which includes refiner by default, and I could get daily alert summary based on my test.

So could you provide your detail test scenario so I could confirm again?

Best Regards,

Lee

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:38 AM