Sharepoint and Reporting Services Integration Using LDAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,
    I'm at my wits end almost trying to setup my Sharepoint and RS integration to use a trusted account to execute my reports in my report list.   As the title states, I'm setup to use an LDAP membership provider to authenticate against eDirectory to my root site on port 80...this works fine.  It's when I go to access a report via the report center or through the report viewer that I start run into issues.  The error is one that I've read alot about but there are no definitive answers:

An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. --> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'defaultldapmembershipprovider:<authenticated username here>' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'defaultldapmembershipprovider:<authenticated username here> are insufficient for performing this operation.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Server.SharePointServiceHelper.VerifyTrustedUserAccessToWssContent(String processAccountName, String userName, String item)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.VerifyTrustedUserAccessToWssContent(String processAccountName, String userName, String item)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.WebServiceHelper.ExtractWebUserInfo(TrustedUserHeader userHeader, String item)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2006.Initialize(TrustedUserHeader userHeader, String item)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2006.Initialize(TrustedUserHeader userHeader, String item)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2006.ListSecureMethods()

Furthermore, in Central Admin I've setup the Authentication type to be "Trusted Account".  It's my understanding that this will access\execute the reports as the account that the Sharepoint App Pool uses; please correct me if I'm wrong here.  Within Central Admin\App Mgmt I can Manage Integration Settings and Grand Database Access, but then when I go to Set Server Defaults using the Trusted Account mode, I get the infamous:

An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. --> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'SHAREPOINT01\<logged in username>' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'SHAREPOINT01\<authenticated username here>' are insufficient for performing this operation.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Server.SharePointServiceHelper.VerifyTrustedUserAccessToWssContent(String processAccountName, String userName, String item)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.VerifyTrustedUserAccessToWssContent(String processAccountName, String userName, String item)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.WebServiceHelper.ExtractWebUserInfo(TrustedUserHeader userHeader, String item)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2006.ListSecureMethods()

My end goal is to have one local service account that accesses the Sharepoint Content Database and executes the report on the reporting server so that the LDAP username is only used for logging into the site.  Once they are authenticated they should have access to all the reports available on the site.

What could I be missing here to set this up properly?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Best regards,

Michael

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:34 PM

All replies

•  If you are using a domain account for the SharePoint web application pool, make sure to include the full name including the domain in 'Central Administration - Operations - Service Accounts'.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:39 PM