none
O365 Apps catch Events RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new developing Office Apps for the web. I used to develop apps using Office Add-In with VS, and now I'm trying to replicate some features of them on an App for Office.

I was doing some research, reading  some material on the Office dev site and seeing videos on MVA, and a doubt about the events pops up.

Can I catch the events of an O365 Office App? like when the user send an email then do some stuff, or when the user modify or create an appointment and then do some stuff with my code.

I saw some events that can launch an app , but are very limited at least for a mail app. Also I heard that catching events might now be possible because of the sandbox of the app , is this correct ?

I will appreciate all the help,information or examples you can provide me .

Regards,

Mark.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

>>Can I catch the events of an O365 Office App? <<

Are you developing with apps for Office? Based on my understanding, the apps for Office is used to interact with data in the document. It is differernet with Office automation or VSTO solution.

>>Can I catch the events of an O365 Office App? like when the user send an email then do some stuff, or when the user modify or create an appointment and then do some stuff with my code.

I saw some events that can launch an app , but are very limited at least for a mail app. Also I heard that catching events might now be possible because of the sandbox of the app , is this correct ?<<

Apps for Office do supprts some event but it is very limied as you metioned. For example, the Binding object provides bindingDataChanged and bindingSelectionChanged event.

No, there is no such event in mails app. You can get more detail about mail app developing from link below:
    Mail apps for Outlook

Hope it is helfpul.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:41 AM