How to deploy a documentation to Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've already released a SDK for several partners.

Now i want that the next release include the documentation i've just build using Sancastle and Sandcatle Help File Builder.

I found how to integrate it into Visual Studio 2010, but i'm looking for a process that will do this automatically on partners.

The sdk is installed using a WPF application (with admin rights). It deploys 2 vsix, a sql server database, gac assemblies and other stuff.

Someone knows how to do the trick ?

Thanks

Friday, December 7, 2012 10:21 AM

Answers

• You can use the HelpLibraryManagerLauncher.exe that comes with SHFB and is copied to the output folder with the help file.  It has some example scripts that show how to use it that also get copied to to the output folder.  It's distributable along with the help content to help install and remove it.  You can have your WPF app run it directly or one of the scripts to install/remove the content.

Eric

• Proposed as answer by EWoodruff Friday, December 7, 2012 4:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Monday, December 17, 2012 8:53 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 4:03 PM

All replies

• You can use the HelpLibraryManagerLauncher.exe that comes with SHFB and is copied to the output folder with the help file.  It has some example scripts that show how to use it that also get copied to to the output folder.  It's distributable along with the help content to help install and remove it.  You can have your WPF app run it directly or one of the scripts to install/remove the content.

Eric

• Proposed as answer by EWoodruff Friday, December 7, 2012 4:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Monday, December 17, 2012 8:53 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Thanks for the answer
    Monday, December 17, 2012 9:16 AM