Versioning starts with 0.61 instead of 0.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a form library and there is a approval workflow associated with it. I publish a form to library and wait for approving. I want its version to be 0.1 but it starts with 0.61

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:14 AM

Answers

• It happens because of rich text editor in form. It checks errors when I write something in it and increase versions.
    • Marked as answer by pty33 Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi pty33,

Did your every document start 0.61 when you upload the new document with unique name to library?

If not, you need to check and make sure that form you published has not existed in the library with the same name, the option "Add as a new version to existing files" is checked when you upload file to library, 0.61 meas it's the 61st draft version.

If yes, you need to check whether there is the relevant error message in 12/LOGS folder, Or create another new form library to store the form files.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:06 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I upload a document and its version starts with 0.21 when it is draw. When I publish it, its version is 0.61. 

I checked form and I found that some form fields increase version of form. For example a person/group picker sets document version from 0.1 to 0.11

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:36 AM
  • It happens because of rich text editor in form. It checks errors when I write something in it and increase versions.
    • Marked as answer by pty33 Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:56 PM