locked
[UWP]Targeted dashboard notification only sent in English RRS feed

  • Question

  • I just set up a push notification in English and German language in the Dev dashboard and sent it to my app users. Although I have a german phone and PC, I received the notification in English on both devices - why? I entered the notification by pasting the XML directly and not manually selecting the notification elements.

    Also, I got some kind of warning before sending the notification saying that the German notification will be autotranslated - see below.

    Edit: Also, when I try to save a notification draft with a German translation, the next time I open it the language is either removed completely or it is set back to the English text.




    • Edited by T. Partl Monday, February 20, 2017 8:41 AM addition
    • Edited by David_FF Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:35 AM title tag
    • Moved by David_FF Friday, March 3, 2017 6:34 AM more related to Dev Center
    Friday, February 17, 2017 3:04 PM

All replies

  • This is 100% reproducable for me. Any help?
    Monday, February 20, 2017 2:42 PM
  • Hi T. Partl,

    I could reproduce the issue (show English) on my German PC with German language selected in Dev Center. I will report this issue. Thanks for your feedback.


    Best Regards,
    David


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:43 AM
  • Hi David,

    thanks for your response. Would be very happy about any updates on this (esp. a fix). Really makes me wonder how the option to have multilingual notifications is present, although obviously not working :)

    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:46 AM