JIT Debugging RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I first start my machine, I get a dialog box meant for a computer programmer.  After long series of unintelligible information, it finally hints that JIT is the problem.

I have spent too many hours on MS Forums, the Internet and whatever.  Besides being unintelligible to a casual user, none of the intelligible proffered solutions work on my Windows 7, using Firefox as my browser.

Am I wrong to conclude that JIT was meant for a program that is not inherent to most OS?

Considering all of the people who took the time to complain, it would appear that this irritating, pop up dialog box was an oversight, and unfortunately, caused much angst to the majority of users.

Is there a solution that:

1  Is feasible.

2.  Is intelligible and can be applied by the average user.

If a solution is available, kindly forward it to us unwashed masses.  Thanks.

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:56 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:08 PM

All replies

• I have wasted many days and hours searching for a solution to a common bug, well documented on the Internet, concerning "JIT Debugging." Much of the discussion revolves around extraneous JIT theory, and I am truly impressed, but for me, proposed fixes are impossible to implement. Interestingly, not one has a theory as to what caused this annoyance to suddenly pop up.

It is unconscionable that the programmers who wrote this useless alert, "Enable JIT Debugging", would not spend a few miserable hours to enable the fix with one simple click.

There is a ton of information available on the internet on this subject. All of the banter is intelligible to computer wizards, but the casual users and so-called experts I know are dumbfounded. Sadly, after all these years, no one has spent the time to write a step by step procedure for fixing this common irritation.

As an aside, with complaints and fixes popping up weekly concerning Windows 10, I am fearful of buying a new machine with Windows 10 already installed; I will wait until Windows 7 is no longer supported. I made similar decisions transitioning from DOS, to Windows 2000, to Windows XP, to Windows 7. I never looked back with regret.

If any one has the merciful inclination to write a "To enable JIT Debugging" procedure, simply written, step by step, for us unwashed masses, I for one would be most appreciative.

My current machine is running Windows 7, 64 Bit. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. Please help.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                                                 Nicholas1935

• Merged by 宝宝徐 Monday, April 17, 2017 7:16 AM the same
    Monday, December 19, 2016 5:43 AM
  • Hi Nicholas1935,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I understand that you have spent much time on it, could you please provide more detailed information about the error you met?

Some people who met the similar issue with you solved it by the following steps:

1. Enable or disable Just-In-Time debugging from the Visual Studio Tools / Options dialog box:

• Open Visual Studio. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    • In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.
    • In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.
    • In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script. To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are required to change that key.
    • Click OK.

If you couldn’t install visual studio, please refer to here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The factors that lead to the issue may be different, if this couldn’t be helpful, we need more detailed information. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is about .NET Framework setup and Servicing. As your issue is related to debug,

I help you move it to a much professional forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi Nicholas1935,

My understanding is that the JIT debugging the app outside the VS.

I think you have viewed this document here about how to enable and disable it:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

But my understanding is that we have to know that which kind of app has this issue, for example, whether the specific app has the setup issue or it has the specific Environment requirements or others.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 17, 2017 7:35 AM