none
How to change Outlook 2010 default element? RRS feed

• Question

• I need replace to my form Outlook explorer window which showing task list. Therefore, I must change default explorer on custom or hide default and add custom(form region, form example). I can't find, how I can manage default explorer?Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Explorer haven't visual properties.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 7:35 AM

Answers

• you can open sample in VS - you cannot compile it :-) i guess it is related to the fact that it references Office PIA for 2003 and you most probably have 2010 version. Ignore it, just browse the source code to get the idea how to implement your task. In general - set html on your folder with <object> tags that point to your winforms' user controls that are com visible (and registered in registry). This way your custom control will be shown when user click folder and your custom .net code will run.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 11:33 AM

All replies

• do you want to replace right panel in explorer where tasks are shown? More specifically - to-do list folder?

Monday, July 23, 2012 8:23 AM
  • no, center panel (I don't know English name, I have Russian version only). Reading pane locate right or bottom from it.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:46 AM
  • ok, just to be sure we are talking about same thing - show us screenshot of panel you want to replace with your code.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 9:22 AM
  • =))
    Monday, July 23, 2012 9:37 AM
  • then you have to get to-do folder and set on it .WebViewOn = true and follow sample described here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479345.aspx
    Monday, July 23, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, but I have suddenly problem - I can't open example solution in VS 10) Error: The type or namespace name 'Tools' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Office' (are you missing an assembly reference?). I adding all Microsoft.Office.Tools references, but problem not solve.. 
    Monday, July 23, 2012 11:22 AM
  • you can open sample in VS - you cannot compile it :-) i guess it is related to the fact that it references Office PIA for 2003 and you most probably have 2010 version. Ignore it, just browse the source code to get the idea how to implement your task. In general - set html on your folder with <object> tags that point to your winforms' user controls that are com visible (and registered in registry). This way your custom control will be shown when user click folder and your custom .net code will run.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 11:33 AM