Is AMP still being developed? RRS feed

• Question

• Is C++ AMP receiving any development attention from Microsoft or is it dormant? The lack of news (and the number of unanswered questions on this forum) is alarming. Anyone?

-L

Monday, December 28, 2015 9:21 PM

All replies

• We have the same concern, the lack of news is really worrying. If we have to migrate to OpenCL we'd better know as soon as possible.

J. Prieto

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:36 PM
  • I also have this same concern.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:57 PM
  • The same concerns applies to PPL. I am not aware of anything new and significant done for PPL in 2015?!

A few years back MS was pushing these technologies a lot, today there is a big silence when a question about their future is asked.

Hello Microsoft, wouldn't it be great if you put out a blog with details about these technologies, where are they headed, if replaced by what?

GT.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:08 AM
  • Same concern here. I hope for great things in VS 2017 (or maybe in an update to VS 2015).

/T

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:59 AM
  • Same concern here for PPL. 

The last post on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nativeconcurrency/ was two years ago.

I get the feeling the priority at MS is to push out new libraries and features instead of maintaining and developing old ones. I guess new stuff makes for better demos and headlines. As a library user though you want some clarity and somekind of roadmap. The worst thing you can do is port over your application into a dead end.

/Petke

Monday, January 25, 2016 5:12 PM
  • I guess not.
    Monday, February 8, 2016 3:11 AM