none
Problems getting custom site workflow to function in SharePoint Designer

Question

• Hi there,

I'm new to SharePoint Designer and relatively new to SharePoint Designer so please be gentle! :)

Basically, I need some end-to-end support on how to set up a customized workflow that will create a task in the task list every week. This workflow will be progress contingent on performing an action rather than the manipulation of a particular document, and the user will access the task and press complete/accept when the task has been finished. If the task is not finished within 24 hours, a new task needs to be assigned to another user. If they do not complete the task and change the status to complete within 24 hours, it will pass on to a final user and then loop back to the beginning to start again from scratch the following week.

I have been able to set up a functioning work flow that will transition between the three stages, but it does not pick up any changes made in the task, so I feel I may be having some problems with defining the workflow lookup at the various stages.

If you could offer any assistance, I'd appreciate it greatly. If you need me to provide any further details, please let me know!

Thanks!

Friday, December 16, 2016 12:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, it is difficult to achieve this goal with SharePoint Designer workflow.

We cannot get the task created by the same workflow instance, so we cannot check if it is completed or not.

You may need to create a custom solution instead to achieve this goal.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 11:11 AM