none
How can lessen the CPU usage with Kinect Interaction Streams? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a major problem with the Skeleton Stream pegging the CPU at 100%.

My Kinect app is using the Interaction Streams to Control a Media Application, but I only turn them on when the media play back is happening. I monitor for a Grip and Release, but the CPU is pegged at 100% whilst these streams are on.

I am putting the code in a "Using" clause for each of the Camera Streams (Depth, Skeleton, Color) which I suppose is a fast way of ridding my application of the data from the last Event Fired, but the problem is that the Interaction Streams take up so much CPU that the Video playback in my media center (or Media Browser 3 Theater) suffers.

Could one of the Microsoft MVPs please take a moment to help me better understand a way to lessen the load on the CPU from these Interaction Gestures, so my Kinect application can be less taxing.

I have written my Application in VB.Net. It is, so far, very robust in Speech Recognition, however Speech Recognition is useless when watching movies and TV with 5.1 Surround sound and DTS, and that is why these interactions streams are so important to have working.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:59 PM

Answers

• How does you application compare to the WPF Interactions sample in the toolkit? Is this a factor of your hardware or your design of the application itself? Have you used any of the performance tuning applications to see if there are optimization you cane make to your code?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:11 PM