Superscript symbol or font?

Question

• Hello Hello

I've created a component for a silverlight page that i'm working on that basically just displays a heading and a block of text. When I want to add a new one to the page I just add it via javascript and pass the heading and content text through. For one of the pages I want to display a copyright symbol but it has to be superscript.

Getting the copyright symbol in there is fine, making it superscript is where i'm having trouble. I've looked at unicode character options but can't find anything with a superscript copyright symbol.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? or a free font that has superscript symbols in it that I could embed and use? 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:47 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately Silverlight does not support the BaseLineAlignment property of WPF which enable you to position the text as sub/superscript. And as far as I know Unicode does not provide superscript variants for copyright sign, only for numbers and some characters used in math. I am not sure if there is a better way, but I think you need to position the copyright in a different textblock with modified size and cnavas.top to simulate the look of superscript

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:47 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately Silverlight does not support the BaseLineAlignment property of WPF which enable you to position the text as sub/superscript. And as far as I know Unicode does not provide superscript variants for copyright sign, only for numbers and some characters used in math. I am not sure if there is a better way, but I think you need to position the copyright in a different textblock with modified size and cnavas.top to simulate the look of superscript

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:47 AM
  •  Yeah that's what i've been doing. It's difficult to do that dynamically though, which is why I was maybe after a different font with superscript characters.

Thanks anyway 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:55 PM