The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) RRS feed

• Question

• i have a custom list with infopath form in moss 2007

it was working fine and today i notice that if i try to open some old forms inside this list it give me this error:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetFileAsStream(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Boolean vbEmpty, Int32 cbHint, Boolean bHonorLevel, Byte iLevel, OpenBinaryFlags grfob) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetFileAsStream(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Boolean vbEmpty, Int32 cbHint, Boolean bHonorLevel, Byte iLevel, OpenBinaryFlags grfob) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.GetFileStream(SPOpenBinaryOptions openOptions) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.OpenBinaryStream(SPOpenBinaryOptions openOptions) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.OpenBinaryStream() 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.SolutionMetaInformation..ctor(SPFile file) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.SolutionMetaInformation..ctor(SPFile file, SolutionIdentity solutionId, DateTime timeLastModified) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.FormInvocation.<>c__DisplayClassc.<TryCreateSolutionMetaInformationForNotActivatedSolution>b__a() 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.SolutionCache.EnsureObjectInCache[T](HttpContext context, SolutionIdentity solutionId, String cacheId, ValidateCacheObject`1 validateCacheObject, CreateCacheObject`1 createCachedObject, AddToCache`1 cacheObject) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.SolutionCache.EnsureSolutionMetaInformationInCache(HttpContext context, SolutionIdentity solutionId, DateTime timeLastModified, CreateCacheObject`1 createCachedObject) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.FormInvocation.TryCreateSolutionMetaInformationForNotActivatedSolution(SPSite contextSite, Uri absoluteSolutionUri, SolutionMetaInformation& solutionMetaInformation, InfoPathException& error) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.FormInvocation.TryCreateSolutionMetaInformationByUrl(SPSite contextSite, String xsnLocation, SolutionMetaInformation& solutionMetaInformation, String& absoluteSolutionLocation, InfoPathException& error) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.FormInvocation.TryFetchMetaInformation(SPSite contextSite, String xmlLocation, String xsnLocation, String saveLocation, InfoPathXmlDocument document, DocumentMetaInformation& documentMetaInformation, SolutionMetaInformation& solutionMetaInformation, String& absoluteSolutionLocation, InfoPathException& error) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Controls.FormServerPage.NewEditingSession(SPSite contextSite, FormServerPageQueryParameters queryParameters) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Controls.XmlFormView.StartNewEditingSession() 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Controls.XmlFormView.EnsureDocument(EventLogStart eventLogStart) 
    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Controls.XmlFormView.<>c__DisplayClass3.<LoadDocumentAndPlayEventLog>b__1() 
    at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.FirstChanceHandler.ExceptionFilter(Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, FilterBlock filter, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock) 

any idea how can i solve this issue

thanks for your time.

Thanks for any help :) my blog is: http://www.waelk.com

Saturday, March 3, 2012 7:11 AM

Answers

• Hi wael_e,

I realize you are attempting to open an InfoPath form; however, the error generated is from SharePoint. As you can see from the call stack information you provided, SharePoint makes a call to "GetFileAsStream" and this is failing. You may want to open a support case with the SharePoint team so they can dig into this deeper for you to see if they can isolate the behavior.

However, in the meantime I do have a couple of questions:

- Are you able to open the "problem" library in Windows Explorer?

- If so, create a new "test" library and copy a small subset of the "problem" files to this new library...what happens if you try to open these files from the new library? Do you get the same error, a different error or do they open?

- Are there any files in the "problem" library that are not InfoPath forms?

- Is anyone at all (i.e. the Admin) able to open any of the files prior to 07/2011?

- If you save one of the "problem" files to, say, your Desktop and then double-click the XML file you just saved does it open or do you get an error?

Thanks wael_e,

Scott

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office InfoPath and SharePoint Designer Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by wael_e Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:19 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 6:46 PM
  • thanks scott you questions help me to find the soluation.

in the FormServerTemplates it was a old template i dont why the old file point to this template but i found it is exist in the form template but if you try to open it it say file not found i only replace it with anothere template and it is working now .

yes it is not open in user browser now but i have to solve this issue later.

thanks for your help

Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi wael_e,

Did you mean the old forms were as attachments in custom list and couldn't be opened successfully ?

Did this issue happen to the other users?

Here is an similar post you can check, please try to run Microsoft Office Diagnostics on Client and Server sides, then check result again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 5, 2012 2:47 AM
  • yes it is happining to more than 500 users

and it is onbly with items that created befour 7/2011 but all new items that created today or last month is opening fine.

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Hi wael_e,

I realize you are attempting to open an InfoPath form; however, the error generated is from SharePoint. As you can see from the call stack information you provided, SharePoint makes a call to "GetFileAsStream" and this is failing. You may want to open a support case with the SharePoint team so they can dig into this deeper for you to see if they can isolate the behavior.

However, in the meantime I do have a couple of questions:

- Are you able to open the "problem" library in Windows Explorer?

- If so, create a new "test" library and copy a small subset of the "problem" files to this new library...what happens if you try to open these files from the new library? Do you get the same error, a different error or do they open?

- Are there any files in the "problem" library that are not InfoPath forms?

- Is anyone at all (i.e. the Admin) able to open any of the files prior to 07/2011?

- If you save one of the "problem" files to, say, your Desktop and then double-click the XML file you just saved does it open or do you get an error?

Thanks wael_e,

Scott

Scott Heim - Microsoft Office InfoPath and SharePoint Designer Online Community Support

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:46 PM
  • thanks scott you questions help me to find the soluation.

in the FormServerTemplates it was a old template i dont why the old file point to this template but i found it is exist in the form template but if you try to open it it say file not found i only replace it with anothere template and it is working now .

yes it is not open in user browser now but i have to solve this issue later.

thanks for your help

Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Hi wael_e,

That is great to hear! Glad you have it working.

Scott

Monday, March 12, 2012 1:56 PM