none
Coming out of Connected Standby through driver on Win 8 RRS feed

• Question

•  Can you tell me if PoSetSystemState is the right way to turn on display from connected standby mode.  Does this work with Win 8 , from driver code?  I read posts about "keeping display on, but not waking it from sleep" in some of the posts. Is that current information?  What is an alternate way?  How do I check if the system is truely in connected standby mode?  Thanks.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:23 PM

Answers

• you don't do this in your driver.  the wdk ships with a tool, pwrtest.exe, that will you to test entering and leaving CS. it comes with its own OS supported solution that you can integrate into your testing.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 1, 2013 6:46 PM

All replies

• what bigger problem are you solving? a driver should not be directly turning on the display. rather, it should wake the system and the OS decide what to do in response to the wake.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:06 PM
  •  Thanks for your reply.

I want to automate waking the system from my driver.  I thought waking the display would be one way to do it - PoSetSystemState() allows indicating user present or turn display on - and this is what I tried. Please do let me know what alternate method I could use from within the driver to make sure the tablet comes out of connected standby mode? 

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:45 PM
  • you don't do this in your driver.  the wdk ships with a tool, pwrtest.exe, that will you to test entering and leaving CS. it comes with its own OS supported solution that you can integrate into your testing.

Friday, February 1, 2013 6:46 PM
  • I will try that. Thanks very much Doron!
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:19 PM