none
Redirecting from one rdl to another rdl. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VS 2008. I want to know that, is it possible to redirect from one report file to another?

Actually i want to call another report (which will show the User friendly error message), once

i got empty data in my original report(as there is no data in my database).

Thanks in Advance....

Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:31 AM

Answers

• G'Day,

I don't think you can do that. There are however ways around it, but this depends on what you are actually trying to achive.

Tables etc can be hidden based (visibility) on an expression and you can also use the 'No Rows' property to display helpfull information.

We use combinations of the above to change the results of our reports if no data is returned.

Please let me know if this helps

Andrew

Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:25 PM

All replies

• G'Day,

I don't think you can do that. There are however ways around it, but this depends on what you are actually trying to achive.

Tables etc can be hidden based (visibility) on an expression and you can also use the 'No Rows' property to display helpfull information.

We use combinations of the above to change the results of our reports if no data is returned.

Please let me know if this helps

Andrew

Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:25 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply,

It really worked for me.Thanks again. Initially I was trying with the hiding of table based on the expression,

but I was not able to print the error message. 'No Rows' property help me to do that. One more thing I need

to ask, I want to change the background color of error text when there is no data in my table.What I was trying

is to put the whole table in a rectangle, and change the background color of the rectangle based on an expression

OR I can change the background color of the whole report body. Is there is any other simple way??

Thanks in advance.

Friday, November 26, 2010 1:25 PM