How to get all classes that reference another class in Architecture Explorer? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble getting the results that I'm looking for.  Basically I want to find all references to a class in an assembly.  In VS I can just right click the name and say Find All References.  This gives me the list I'm looking for.  However, it doesn't seem to be working in Architecture Explorer.  When I select the class and select All Inbound the result is the containing namespace.  If I click Referenced By or Used By I get zero results.  Any ideas?
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:29 PM

Answers

• Yes, sorry about that. The "referenced by" command only shows all the references you traversed on the left.  It is not designed to do "find all references" although we are getting a lot of comments like yours.  Thanks for your feedback.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Paterson Monday, January 24, 2011 1:20 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 5:47 AM

All replies

• Yes, sorry about that. The "referenced by" command only shows all the references you traversed on the left.  It is not designed to do "find all references" although we are getting a lot of comments like yours.  Thanks for your feedback.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Paterson Monday, January 24, 2011 1:20 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 5:47 AM
  • Thanks for the info Chris.  I was able to do get the info I needed from a dependency graph though.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 1:20 PM