windows mobile 6.5 cannot debug on device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I downloaded the Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Developer Tool Kit (USA).msi and installed it on my vs 2008.

I can debug on the emulator but I cannot seem to debug on the device itself... infact target device list only emulators and no device .... am I missing something?

Thanks

Matt 

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:04 AM

Answers

• No, it is correct that way. WM6.5 is on your device - all Visual Studio cares is that it is at least WM6.0. To get rid of the confusions MSFT should have called the entry "Windows Mobile 6.x device" - but I guess no one thought about that the time it was created, because at that time only WM6.0 existed.

So connnect you WM6.5 device to your PC, select "Windows Mobile 6 device" from the list and hit the play button (depending on the security settings of your device you may have to accept some dll's on your device's screen now) and your application runs on your device with the debugger attached to it.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:56 PM

All replies

• In the target device list there should be besides all the emulator be one entry called "Windows Mobile 6 device" that lets you start/debug the application from within Visual Studio on your by ActiveSync connected real device.
    • Proposed as answer by MSWiege Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:23 AM
  • Yes there is for windows mobile 6 device but there isn't windows mobile device 6.5 .... is there supposed to be?
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:30 AM
  • No, it is correct that way. WM6.5 is on your device - all Visual Studio cares is that it is at least WM6.0. To get rid of the confusions MSFT should have called the entry "Windows Mobile 6.x device" - but I guess no one thought about that the time it was created, because at that time only WM6.0 existed.

So connnect you WM6.5 device to your PC, select "Windows Mobile 6 device" from the list and hit the play button (depending on the security settings of your device you may have to accept some dll's on your device's screen now) and your application runs on your device with the debugger attached to it.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:56 PM