Event Source:    BizTalk Server 2009
    Event Category:    BizTalk Server 2009
    Event ID:    5754
    Date:        02/02/2011
    Time:        15:38:06
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    SRVXXXXX
    Description:
    A message sent to adapter "WCF-Custom" on send port "WcfOracle" with URI "oracledb://SRVYYYYYY/" is suspended.
     Error details: Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.TargetSystemException: ORA-01591: lock held by in-doubt distributed transaction 185.6.53257
    ORA-06512: at line 2 ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException ORA-01591: lock held by in-doubt distributed transaction 185.6.53257
    ORA-06512: at line 2    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleError(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, String procedure, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, Boolean bCheck)
       at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleCommon.OracleCommonUtils.ExecuteNonQuery(OracleCommand command, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.IRequestChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.RequestCallback(IAsyncResult result)
     MessageId:  {8126FD64-99D9-415F-9D57-BEEAF83B6CEA}
     InstanceID: {4C8B2477-47C9-4FFB-A9D0-D3488100E5E3}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Help.

Regards,

Tarik ARRAD
    • Edited by Tarik Arrad Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:08 PM BizTalk, wcf-oracle, oracle
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:48 PM

Answers

• On the WCF-Custom Transport Properties / Bindings we've changed the UseAmbientTransaction to False and that seem to fix the problem.

Tarik ARRAD
    • Marked as answer by Tarik Arrad Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:22 AM

All replies

• ORA-01591: lock held by in-doubt distributed transaction
    I've never seen this error before, but it's clearly an Oracle problem. I think you'll have more answers on Google or an Oracle forum than here :(
    Matthew.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Oracle team refuse to accept that's an oracle problem, they think that is related to isolation level used by Wcf-Oracle Adapter or Oracle Client 11g !!!!!!!!!!!

Tarik ARRAD
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Well they could be right. You should ask them to check the health of the database and table to make sure everything is OK on their end, just in case. Have you tried changing the port's binding settings?

Matthew.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:11 PM
  • I'm using ReadCommited Isolation Level but we continue getting the same error, the only way to fix temporarily the problem is to stop BizTalk application, clean MsgBox, delete BizTalk in-doubt distributed transactions on Oracle and Start BizTalk application again.
    Tarik ARRAD
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Maybe it's the code in your stored procedure that's causing the locks?
    Matthew.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:59 PM
  • I've no idea about how the stored procedure is done, i will check that with developers.

Tarik ARRAD
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:10 PM
  • On the WCF-Custom Transport Properties / Bindings we've changed the UseAmbientTransaction to False and that seem to fix the problem.

Tarik ARRAD
    • Marked as answer by Tarik Arrad Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:22 AM
  • H Tarik,

I am also facing the same issue and don't know exactly where the problem is.

Does this issue been resolved at your end. 

You have mentioned some temporary solutions for this issue. Did you find any other trick for this.

Please help me out if you have any updates or suggestions on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Sahu

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:05 AM