browser crashing during PDF creation using iTextSharp RRS feed

• Question

• User-1345206223 posted

All,

I am using iTextSharp to create PDFs within my web application. The PDFs are not complex - just text and one image. Approximately half of the time the PDFs will generate; the other half of the time the browser crashes. When the browser crashing in my dev environment during debugging I don't get an exception. The browser just crashes. I initially was writing the PDF to the browser using a memorystream. To see if that was the issue I switched to saving the PDF to disk and then opened the PDF into the browser that was saved to disk. When the crash occurs no PDF is saved.

I'm at a bit of a loss, considering the fact that the PDFs are not complex at all, and I'm not getting any exceptions thrown (or any useful help from the browser crash logs). Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Bubba

Monday, December 20, 2010 1:43 AM

Answers

• User-718146471 posted

One place you might be able to look for clues is on the server's EventViewer as that may hold some clue. If you aren't getting an exception or any errors displayed, its going to require a lot of digging. One idea is to turn on asp.net health monitoring which will watch the application run and log anything to the event viewer.

For more on how to turn that on should you need it, here you go: http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/031407-1.aspx 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 7:15 AM